Thursday, June 03, 2004

Flat five of five substition gets me every time

I have a killer blister on my second smallest toe, and it really hurts. It's from my old work boots, which have been worn 5 days a week for almost 3 years. The right one recently split it's sole, and the resulting fissure below the padding is getting to my feet. I guess it's time to buy a new pair after i give the current ones a proper funeral. :(

I love Mozilla. It's like being i'm Ebenezer Scrooge being led around Internet by the Ghosts of Christmas, except it's not Christmas, and I'm not greedy and/or rich. Nothing can really hurt me, but i can still see all the stupid, sad, pathetic shit that pollutes the web. Oh, and the good stuff too.

No popups, no fucking spyware, no changing my homepage, no "Windows Messenger Service" shit, without having to run any outside programs such as Ad-aware. Doesn't that already sound great? I don't mean to come off as a zealot like those Linux freaks, but it really is obvious that this solves a lot of problems that i was having.

My brother got a shirt in the mail the other day. I didn't know he was getting it. It was a black Mozilla t-shirt with "take back the web" written on the back. I called him a bastard for getting one before me. LOL, its just dorky enough.

Since I've been in a list mood, my 10 favorite guitarists:
10. Larry Carlton
9. Frank Zappa
8. Jeff Beck
7. Albert King
6. Eric Johnson
5. Billy Corgan
4. Steve Stevens
3. Trey Anastasio
2. Pat Metheny
1. Steve Vai

I give Vai the top spot even though I haven't listened to him in a while. He gets 'all-time' cred for me though. I'm probably forgetting someone, and i'll update it with what i remember later. Also, this list doesn't weigh songwriting that much, its just who i enjoy listening to the most. Maybe i'll do the songwriter one next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home