Monday, May 24, 2004

The creator has a mastertape..

http://www.gnoosic.com/tripex.php

This website is nifty. You enter three bands that you like, and it suggests a band to you based on what you entered. You then can select "I like this", "I don't like this", or "I've never heard of this" and it will spit out another band based on your answers. For example, i entered:
King's X
Porcupine Tree
Dream Theater

and i got:
Marillion
Liquid Tension Experiment
Rush
Spock's Beard
Flower Kings
Yes

Which is pretty accurate. Neato. I entered some mid 90's rock that i'm hip to, and i get some other good ones.
Entry:
The Refreshments
Gin Blossoms
Dishwalla

I got:
Sleeper
July for Kings
Swinging Utters
Loudon Wainwright
The Mavericks
Johnny Mathis

Which I was a little confused by. I've only heard of two of the outputs..but it makes me want to look into some of it.

You only get a mini-update today. I'm busy!



3 Comments:

Blogger Quartny said...

Hey
I put in
Elliot Smith
Radiohead
Bob Marley

I got
Peter Tosh
Culture
The Gladiators
and then a lot of old bands i already listen to:
Pink Floyd
The Beatles
Led Zeppelin
etc

:)
That was fun
what a cool site
and oh yeah
i love you

11:52 AM  
Blogger Randall J. said...

Hey yeah, Guttermouth does suck. i guess theyre trying to be subjective when giving you a pool of bands, because i like Porcupine Tree and Spock's Beard, and i think Yes fucking sucks.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Quartny said...

So I did it again
With
Crosby, Still, Nash and Young
The Byrds
String Cheese Incident

And i got (surprisingly a lot of bands that you've told me to check out)
Grateful Dead
David Crosby
Hot Tuna
Leftover Salmon
Phish
David Grisman
Oysterhead
Widespread Panic
Disco Biscuits

So that was fun...again

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home