Sunday, January 29, 2006

meet me tonight in Atlantic City

Me and my trenchant mouth. I seem to be adept at being flat out with people when it comes to the personal relationship I have with them. I had to explain to somebody last year why I wasn't attracted to them, and that I didn't want them. I can't imagine most people taking something like that well; "here's stuff I don't like, bullet point A. On the next slide.." To be honest, I didn't think I had any business trying to be in a relationship at that particular time anyway (this is when you spin your finger next to your head vertically) so now I just look at that time as a bit of a learning experience. She was blonde anyway. Feh. I bring this up because it kinda happened again, that is, a girl was attempting to get some answers out of me about our short lived relationship (began/ended a couple of months ago)just the other day. I couldn't tell if I was making her feel better or worse. Probably worse. Sorry.

I think i've developed a bit more bluntness over the past while, and I like that because I realize when I'm being too blunt or whatever. example: A kid was trying to tell a joke the other night, and after it was done he says, "too soon?" so I say, "Nah, it just wasn't very clever." Yes, I think about everything after it happens, its the dorkiness/slightly obsessive part of me kicking in.

Dissected minutae like this reminds me of the 'embarassingly confessional' essays of my friend Chuck's blog, although I don't think I could do it for more than two paragraphs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home